Hyderabad, Nov , 2017: Hyderabad-based MaxiVision Super Specialty Eye Hospitals organized a seminar on “Diabetes 360 –Living healthy with Diabetes “on diabetic care today to mark the world diabetes day which is observed on 14th November every year across globe. Speakers delivered varied lectures on the topic “Diabetes 360 –Living healthy with Diabetes”. They have also shared views on “Women and diabetes – Our right to a healthy future” the theme for World Diabetes day 2017 and said there are around 199mn women living with Diabetes and the vulnerability may raise upto 313mn by 2040 if enough awareness is not created as per reports. The seminar highlighted various health problems related to diabetes and medicines, foods to be taken, self management for good results.
Speaking on the Occasion Dr Muralidhar Rao, Chief Vitreo Retina Surgeon, MaxiVision Super Specialty Eye Hospital said that Diabetes is the ninth leading cause of death in women globally, causing 2.1 million deaths each year as per reports of international Diabetes federation. Diabetes is cause of concern for many diseases. Diabetic Retinopathy is one such alarming eye care health concern which may lead to total blindness if not treated in time. Diabetic retinopathy occurs when diabetes damages the tiny blood vessels inside the retina, the light-sensitive tissue at the back of the eye.
World diabetes day is an important day aims to draw people attention on diabetic care and related ailments. Diabetes has turned out to be a lifestyle epidemic with India being the 3rd largest country in the world with high diabetic population. Daily exercises, healthy diet and regular checkups with doctors can keep diabetes at bay.
Dr.Anil Kumar Bathula VP -Clinical – MaxiVision Eye Hospital gave welcome speech ,other speakers those who delivered lectures on the occasion are Dr.Ravi Sankar – Sr.Endocrinologist – Apollo Sugars elaborated on “living healthy with diabetes” Dr.L.Fahmida Banu, Sr.Obs & Gynecologist, Fehmi Care Hospital expounded on “Gestational Diabetes,Dr.Sathyanarayana, Sr.Nephrologist -Pace Hospitals spoken on “Diabetes Nephropathy”, Dr.Anju Verma, Sr.Consultant, Medical Retina, Maxivision Eye Hospital shared views on “Diabetes & Yoga”,Dr. Gowthami, Retina Specialist, MaxiVision Eye Hospitals have also shared her views “Nutrition & Diabetes “ in the seminar.
Free Eye & Diabetes Tests: MaxiVision Eye Hospitals conducted Free Blood & Diabetes Tests to the patients who attended the seminar. Patients in huge number have participated in the seminar.
About Maxivision Eye Hospitals
Maxivision Super Specialty Eye Hospitals are renowned for blending traditional hospitality with state-of-the-art ophthalmic care. Offering specialized treatment, we are the first choice of local & international patients and important celebrities alike. Maxivision has been swiftly moving towards its goal of achieving excellence by providing equitable and efficient eye care for everyone.
WHO WE ARE
- State of the art specialized ophthalmic care – Diagnostics, Treatment & Surgery
- At the forefront of vision care technology revolution
- US-FDA, CE approved technologies
- One-stop shop for Optical and Contact Lens
- 12 super specialty eye hospitals in 6 cities
- More than 2.4 million patient strong
- More than 0.3 million eye surgeries
WHAT WE OFFER
- Best Surgeons: Each of the doctors at Maxivision has years of experience and is perfectly qualified to handle the most critical of the issues related to eyes
- World Class Technology: The best, latest & world class highly sophisticated technology in eye care are available here
- Customized Solutions: We understand your need and offer tailored eye care solutions to meet your need. We’ve till now served more than 2.4 million patient from all over the globe