B.S. Abdur Rahman Crescent University has achieved yet another milestone by launching Crescent School of Pharmacy this academic year. The inaugural function was held on 23rd August 2017 at the Convention Centre of the University.
- Mr. Abdul Qadir A. Rahman Buhari, the Chairman of the University graced the occasion. He reminisced the contribution of Alhaj. B.S.Abdur Rahman, the founder of Crescent University to the upliftment of the youngsters by establishing many educational institutions in Tamil Nadu.
- Professor Emeritus Tan Sri Dato’ Sri Prof. Dr. Sahol Hamid Bin Abu Bakar, the Vice Chancellor of the University presided over the function. He highlighted the significance of pharmacy programme and said that Pharmacy is a combination of art and science of manufacturing medicine.
- Mr. Syed Mohamed Buhari, Member of the Board of Management, spoke positively about the scope of employment in the Compliances section of Pharmacy globally.
The inaugural function was graced by the eminent personalities of Pharmaceutical sector.
- Prof. Rao V. Vadlamudi, President, Commonwealth Pharmaceutical Association offered felicitations. He advised the students of Pharmacy of focus on 3 points:
o Develop a sense of belonging to the campus where you study
o Follow your passion in the chosen field of study and
o Aspire to do things of large magnitude.
- Prof. T. V. Narayana, President, Indian Pharmaceutical Association (Education Division) offered felicitations. He was forthcoming in granting permission to Crescent University to become the Student Chapter of Indian Pharmaceutical Association, which is the first of its kind in Tamil Nadu.
- Shri J. Jayaseelan, Chairman, Indian Drug Manufacturers’ Association (TN, Kerala & Pondicherry) spoke of Pharmacy profession as omnipresent as all ailments need not be treated by doctors, but has to be treated by medicines.
o He encouraged students that employment opportunities are aplenty in the world for the pharmacy students and all certified Pharmacists are by education entrepreneurs.
o He emphasized the value of pharmacist in the world as they are involved from the stage ofthe invention to dispensing of drugs and drugs manufactured in India are being used by people all over the world.