CyberArk and ForeScout Technologies, Inc. announced a new partnership and joint solution to provide deep enterprise security capabilities to improve visibility and insight into privileged accounts on previously unknown devices, enforce greater security controls, and automate threat detection and response.
Privileged accounts continue to proliferate across enterprise networks in multiple repositories and connected devices, exponentially expanding the attack surface. Privileged accounts provide powerful access to an organization’s most sensitive data across business applications and critical IT infrastructure. Since compromised privileged credentials are used in the majority of cybersecurity incidents, organizations need a security solution that can help protect these credentials from being exploited by attackers.
Joint customers can further reduce the attack surface through the sophisticated integration of ForeScout and CyberArk solutions that increase privileged account security and accountability. ForeScout pioneered an agentless approach that provides real-time visibility, classification, assessment and monitoring of network-connected devices. More than 30 billion devices will be connected by 2020 and the vast majority won’t be manageable using agent-based security methods. ForeScout scans the network in real time and automates policy-based access control and enforcement of these devices based on their security posture and behavior without using an agent.
CyberArk provides a critical layer of IT security that protects against advanced cyber attacks and insider threats across the enterprise – on-premises, in the cloud and on endpoints. CyberArk’s comprehensive privileged account security solution combines proactive protection and threat detection designed with security first.
“The lack of visibility into unknown privileged accounts across the network, combined with an increasing number of devices connecting to enterprises, creates gaping holes that allow hackers to easily infiltrate unsuspecting organizations,” said Pedro Abreu, senior vice president and chief strategy officer, ForeScout. “ForeScout is teaming up with CyberArk to give our joint customers a distinct advantage that expands their visibility and control across their infrastructure to reduce security risks and help stop attackers before they inflict serious damage.”
The ForeScout Extended Module for CyberArk helps customers:
- Discover and Secure Unmanaged Privileged Accounts: Enhanced insight and knowledge into unmanaged devices and local privileged accounts across a diverse set of network-connected devices to improve visibility and reduce risk. Additional capabilities include increased coverage of enterprise privileged accounts and the ability to identify orphaned accounts to reduce the attack surface.
- Detect and Respond to High-Risk Privileged Account Activity: Automated policy-based actions to quarantine and remediate connected devices based on correlated threat intelligence from different network sources, including CyberArk Privileged Threat Analytics, which leverages device security posture, privileged user activity and overall threat exposure to drive rapid threat response.
- Secure and Manage Privileged Credentials used by CounterACT: Enterprises improve their ability to securely access, monitor and manage endpoints by using secured credentials managed by the CyberArk solution.
“ForeScout and CyberArk are providing industry-leading threat intelligence and insight into organizations’ network security posture and the areas that are most vulnerable to attack,” said Adam Bosnian, executive vice president, global business development, CyberArk. “This is a powerful partnership that will directly benefit our customers by integrating multiple security solutions across critical areas such as discovery, analytics and credential management, enabling customers to gain valuable context to prioritize response.”
- Follow ForeScout online: Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn | Blog
- ForeScout corporate brochure: https://forescout.com/forescou