Pulsating drumbeats, resonating music and corporate honchos who sang out loud to save little hearts. These were the moments that made the 22ndedition of Genesis Foundation’s CEOs Sing event so unforgettable. With support from Oracle, the event took place on February 16, 2019 at Crowne Plaza, Gurgaon. The event has grown significantly since its debut in 2010, and this year, 15 CEOs took time out of their busy schedules to raise funds for critically ill, under-privileged children with Congenital Heart Defects (CHD).
The commitment to supporting this important cause and the spirit of fun camaraderie were evident throughout the evening, as classic Bollywood hits, old and new English numbers, medleys and impromptu jams filled the room and the audience’s hearts. From soulful melodies, to energetic performances, the audience enjoyed a wide range of exciting and emotional moments.
The event featured several renowned executives, who showcased their passion and talent for music in an effort to raise funds for a worthy cause. The line-up of star performers included:
• Navin Gurnaney, CEO, Tata Starbucks Pvt Ltd
• Sanjay Kapoor, Director, Tech-Connect Retail Pvt Ltd
• P Balaji, Chief Regulatory and Corporate Affairs Officer, Vodafone Idea Ltd
• Julian John, CEO, Zion Technologies
• Ajay Dhawan, Founder, ADs World
• Lokvir Kapoor, Executive Chairman, pine Labs Pvt Ltd
• Vidur Mahajan, Head of Research at CARING, Mahajan Imaging
• Bishwajit Bhattacharyya, Senior Advocate, Supreme Court of India
• Dr Sonu Talwar, Clinical Director& Senior Consultant IVF Treatment, Southend Fertility Centre
• Vishal Malik, Director of Admin-McKinsey & Company
• Sonal Dabral, Chief Creative Officer, Ogilvy South & Southeast Asia & Vice Chairman, India
• Asha Rai, Classical Singer
• Rajeev Beotra, CEO Print- HT Media
• Ranjan Chopra, Founder & Chief Managing Director, Team Computers & Head of Zorba
• Vipin Raheja, Founder & CMD, Napino Auto & Electronics Ltd
Speaking on the occasion, Prema and Jyoti Sagar, Founder, Trustees, Genesis Foundation said, “What started as a personal initiative has grown into an extensive network of supporters actively working towards the cause. I am thankful to all those who have been a part of this journey and we need many more people to come forward and give little hearts gift of life”.
Shailender Kumar, Vice President and Regional Managing Director, Oracle India also commented saying, “These little hearts are the hope for India’s bright future and therefore, at Oracle, we feel that it is vital that corporate India invest in initiatives advancing the health of tomorrow’s workforce. This event, through its light-hearted moments, reminds us to come together and give back to society, building a stronger and healthier foundation for tomorrow. We are proud to support Genesis Foundation in their mission to save little hearts and bring joy to the lives of these children.”