FICCI FLO presents Launch of VACYA – An active voice against Domestic Violence,
on 15th July, 6 pm, with Suhasini Maniratnam & Prasanna Gettu amongst others
FLO Chennai launches VACYA, an active voice to create awareness and support for the cause of domestic violence. This project will be supported by corporate organisations. ‘Vacya means an active voice” and the launch of our combined voice against domestic violence reaches those who need it the most. This is a voice that will be raised by FICCI FLO Chennai, together with some prominent citizens of our city.
We present a discussion on the need to combat domestic violence at a webinar hosted by FICCI FLO It would be a pleasure for us to have you join us at this webinar, on July 15 at 6 p.m.
The following are our panellists and guest speakers:
- Suhasini Maniratnam is a well -known media personality who needs no introduction. She actively supports women’s causes and works to empower them and will be present to launch this programme.
- We are privileged to have amidst us as a distinguished guest, the Honourable Justice Pushpa Satyanarayana, of Madras High Court, to share her views on the subject.
- Geeta Ramaseshan, an acclaimed lawyer of the Madras High Court with over 35 years of experience will be a voice for Vacya as well.
- Jayanthi Vaidyanathan, Senior Director and Head HR at PayPal India will join us to speak on the importance of corporates taking up this cause.
- Latha Pandiarajan, Director Ma Foi Strategic Consultants Pvt Ltd and the driving force behind Disha Foundation, that works for empowering women and children.
- Prasanna Gettu, the founder and Managing trustee of PCVC is the knowledge partner. She will share insights into what makes Vacya a much needed initiative today.
(PCVC is a Chennai based civil society organization that has been providing comprehensive services (crisis and long term) to women and LGBTQI individuals who are victims of domestic violence. Dhwani is its 24 X 7 crisis hotline on which they can reach out to for support and services.) Our reach partner for this initiative is Chennai Volunteers.
Rinku Mecheri, Chairperson FLO Chennai:
“VACYA is part of FICCI FLO Chennai’s constant effort to support women find their equal standing in society and help make them economically empowered. FLO is today a voice of women at large and VACYA is an attempt to amplify this voice and make it relevant. The instances of domestic violence have increased, given the work from home scenario and we are committed to help women, with the support of leading corporates in our state. This initiative seeks support from corporate organisations in Tamil Nadu who can adopt this cause within their organisations, not only to help their own employees but for affected women in our extended communities.”.
DATE: 15th July
TIME: 6 pm
The webinar can be viewed on the following link: