Chennai November, 2017: HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company, India’s third largest non-life insurance provider in the private sector, today announced the launch of its Motor Self-Inspection Application. This new facility will empower customers to get Instant Policy Renewal of their motor insurance policy without having to wait for a physical inspection of the vehicle by an authorized motor surveyor.
HDFC ERGO’s Self-Inspection Application is user-friendly and helps renew motor insurance policy without any physical documentation and inspection, thereby significantly bringing down the time taken for issuance of a policy.
The application is currently available for Android Users and the iOS version will be soon launched in the month of December 2017.
HOW DOES THE APP WORK?
- Customer needs to log into HDFC ERGO Website or Mobile Insurance Portfolio Organiser Application (IPO App) to renew the policy
- Once all the details are entered, the customer will get an option to choose between Self Inspection or Surveyor Inspection
- On selecting the Self Inspection option, an SMS will be sent to the customer on his registered mobile number, which will contain the Inspection Reference No. and the Mobile Self Inspection Application download link
- The application, once installed, will fetch the reference number from the SMS sent and customer will be auto-logged to the launch page
- The customer then arrives on the Video Capturing screen and with the help of the instructions, will have to capture a 45 sec video
- Post this, the customer proceeds to the image capturing screen to take pictures of the RC, all four sides of the vehicle and close up pictures of the existing damages seen on the car
- Finally, the video & photos are uploaded and submitted for inspection to the Central Team for Approval
- Once approved, the customer receives a notification with the link to Make Payment for Policy Issuance
About HDFC ERGO:
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company is a 74:26 joint venture between HDFC Ltd.; India’s premier Housing Finance Institution and ERGO International AG; the primary insurance entity of the Munich Re Group of Germany. HDFC ERGO is India’s third largest non-life insurance provider in the private sector. The company offers complete range of general insurance products ranging from Motor, Health, Travel, Home and Personal Accident in the retail space and customized products like Property, Marine and Liability Insurance in the corporate space. HDFC ERGO is expanding its network across the country and is today present in 109 branches spread across 91 cities with an employee base of over 2000 professionals. The Company also has a wide distribution network besides its own direct sales force.