Mumbai / Chennai, February 2018: Aditya Birla Capital Limited (ABCL) today announced its financial results for the 3rd quarter of FY 2018. ABCL, formerly known as Aditya Birla Financial Services Limited, is the holding company of the financial services business of the Aditya Birla Group.
Business Level Highlights:
Aditya Birla Finance Ltd. (ABFL)
ABFL continues to have consistent, strong growth with a focus on high asset quality, robust risk management and profitability
- Lending book expanded by 33% year on year to ` 39,770 Crore
- The quality of portfolio remains sound with gross NPA at 0.70% and net NPA at 0.47%
- Net worth increased by 36% year on year to ` 5,882 Crore
- EBT increased by 29% year on year to ` 289 Crore
Aditya Birla Housing Finance Ltd. (ABHFL)
ABHFL is a fast growing housing finance company. The business is currently operating with 44 branches and over 2300 channel partners pan India.
- Doubled its loan book to ` 6,752 Crore from ` 3,235 Crore in the prior year comparable period
- Scaled up affordable housing lending to ` 150 Crore
- Quarterly earnings before tax increased to ` 8 Crore from ` 4 Crore in the prior year comparable period
- Net worth increased to ` 645 Crore in Q3 FY 2017-18
Aditya Birla Sun Life AMC Ltd. (ABSLAMC)
ABSLAMC is one of the fastest growing asset management companies in India
- Registered a 33% year-on year growth in its quarterly average AUM (AAUM) at ` 262,223 Crore
- Achieved highest ever market share of 10.8% in this quarter
- Achieved highest ever domestic equity market share of 9.2%. The strong focus on scaling up retail and high margin assets continued, with its domestic equity AAUM expanding by 84% year on year to ` 79,985 Crore.
- EBT increased by 72% over the prior year comparable quarter, to ` 135 Crore from ` 78 Crore
- ABSLAMC has a solid and consistent investment performance track record underpinning its growth
Aditya Birla Sun Life Insurance (ABSLI)
ABSLI is a significant private life-insurer in India
- The momentum of new business premium growth continued with individual new business premium growth of 20% during the nine months of FY2017-18
- EBT increased 41% over the prior year comparable quarter, to ` 51 Crore from ` 36 Crore
- 13th month persistency has improved year on year to 72.1% from 71.3% in prior year comparable nine month period, reflecting the focus on quality of business
Aditya Birla Health Insurance Co. Ltd. (ABHI)
ABHI is a fast growing health insurance provider with a differentiated offering and business model
- Gross written premium was ` 173 Crore in nine months of FY2017-18, covering more than 8 lacs lives as on date
- Established 5 banca partnerships and also on-boarded about 13,300 direct selling agents
- Created a multi-channel distribution model with 59 branches in 36 cities and has tied up with 3,500+ hospitals
ABCL is in a unique position of being able to provide Universal Financial Solutions to meet customers’ money needs for life. ABCL’s focused customer-centric approach under a single brand “Aditya Birla Capital” will enable it to chart a differentiated, accelerated and disciplined path to growth. ABCL has built a leadership position in a number of businesses and ranks amongst the top fund managers in India. Anchored by more than 14,500 employees, ABCL has a nationwide reach through over 1,500 points of presence and more than 150,000 agents / channel partners.